Thread: HQ Wav's to DVD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HQ Wav's to DVD

I have some 5.1 High-Quality WAV files (I think they originall came from an DVD audio or SACD). Want some of them back on a DVD. I can burn stuff and it works on my PC but I haven't been successfull playing it on my Audio set here. Are there easy ways to do this?

Thanks
    Here is a few programs that might fill the bill Here is the link;http://www.fileguru.com/apps/lonly_hq_audio_players
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't want to play (yet) nor rip... still don't seem to be able to find what I think I need...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Obvious question: does your audio set handle DVDs?

Other question: how did you burn the WAVs to the DVD? I suspect that there is a special audio format that you might need for even DVD-aware audio equipment to be able to recognize it. In other words, I don't think that copying WAVs to a DVD using a data format will work. (I looked at the options Nero gives me and don't see a DVD audio option, perhaps the desired format is a DVD video disc with only an audio track?)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, my audio set plays DVDs and even SACDs.

As said, the WAV's originally came from an audio DVD I guess as they total up to around 4Gb. I used WMP (just the standard one) to burn them onto a DVD (not as data but as audio). I'm guessing it now behaves as "large" normal audio CD and my computer can indeed play it. The DVD Audio format for (also) audio equipment however is different (and uses VIDEO_TS - mostly empty-, and AUDIO_TS folder structure). In AUDIO_TS, the audio data should be in a certain format. I'm simply looking for a little tool that does that for me. There's a zillion out there that can burn e.g. an AVI and/or MP4 and/or WMV file to a DVD format. I need the same just for audio...