Thread: Karen Kenworthy

Thanks

Karen Kenworthy

Got the following today:

Dear Friends, I suspect that many of you have noticed that the last issue of Karenİs Power Tools Newsletter was dated March 17, 2010, and you may have been anxiously awaiting another. It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of Karenİs death on April 12, 2011, after a long struggle with several debilitations, including diabetes. I know that Karen touched many of you with her kindness, wit, creativity and encouragement. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. And she was a pretty darned good programmer, too. We are deeply grieving her loss. For now, Karenİs server is still running, the programs she has written can still be downloaded, and donations can still be made through the website. We are also working to fill all CD orders that have been submitted or mailed. It is difficult to make business decisions while grieving. So, at this point, I cannot say what will be the future of KarenWare.com, except to say that we will certainly continue Karenİs commitment to safeguard your privacy as shown at the Privacy link of KarenWare.com. Many of you have already written many kinds words of condolence and comfort. Please know that we greatly appreciate you. If you care to make a contribution in her honor, she was a long-time supporter of The Dohnavur Fellowship, a special childrenİs ministry in southern India. You can learn more about them at www.DohnavurFellowship.org. All we ask is that you remember her whenever you take the case off of your computer, contemplate removing entries from your Windows Registry, listen to Bob Wills or Riders in the Sky, or wave and say İHi!İ to anyone on the İnet. May God richly bless you, as He has all those who knew Karen. Bill Kenworthy Karenİs brother
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    I have a folder with half a dozen of her apps lying around since the time shortly after she and Fred Langa were part of Winmag.com.

The internet world won't forget about you anytime soon.
    Rest in peace Karen Kenworthy,

Thanks
    Yes Clint, I remember those days...
    I have a lot of her stuff and use it occasionally..

Thanks
    There is another thread in Other Applications about this info as well. I agree, RIP Karen. I also received the same email. I woud suspect anyone on the mailing list that has signed up for Karen's newsletter or apps in the past received this.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I'm sure everyone got the email.

It was nice of her relatives to send it out...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's very sad news to hear of the death of Karen Kenworthy. What a delightful person she was. The software she created and offered to us was always so well thought out and, even more, her explanations were always so clear and informative and good-natured that I looked forward to her newsletters. I missed her very much in recent years when she mostly dropped out of sight. I learned so much from her. Her Replicator program is still the utility I use for my file-to-file backups--I haven't found anything better. Thank you, Karen. You will be remembered very fondly.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Very sad indeed. I recieved the same email and was saddened by the news. I have been getting her newsletter and using some of her great tools for years. She will be missed by the tech community. Regards and prayers to her family

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There is a story about Karen. Years ago the bigwigs at IBM were commissioned to set a secure backup of some companies files. Their solution was byzantine and expensive. After its second fatal failure, the local IT guy took Karen's Replicator, and, well, replicated. After the third and final catastrophe with IBM, the IT guy simply restored the data. The Boss demanded to know what this new miracle cost. IT man responded, "Nothing at all, it's from Karen Kenworthy. The best programmer alive".

Paul DeLeeuw