New Lounger
    Thanks

IE 9 initial settings

Hi there,
    I updated last Friday to internet explorer 9 through the windows update notice that was sent.
    The question is; what is/are the safe recommended initial settings to use that is/are not Microsoft preferred? The setup screens are worded and look different than those referenced in Windows 7 for dummies.
    Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Most of your settings should be carried forward from IE8. What specific settings are you asking about?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe,

The first setup screen ask to choose one of the following: "use recommended security & compatibility settings" or "don't use recommended settings". I think this is similar to the information / direction given at the beginning of---“ready, set, browse!” section of windows for dummies on Pg 464. There are 11 numbered items. Some of these later items may or may not show up. So I am trying to follow the directions given for IE8 as a guide for IE9 setup routine. Anyway I do not want to start down the wrong path.

Hope this helps clarify my question.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    I'd just use the recommended settings and make adjustments as needed later.

Joe