Thread: RAID Drivers

Lounger
    Thanks

RAID Drivers

I have been given a computer that has a RAID setup, has 4 HDD. It is running windows XP Pro with all the latest updates. Every time you start the computer the new hardware wizard pops up saying new hardware found RAID device. When you click next it askes if it can go on the internet to download the drivers. I click yes, but it can never find any drivers. The computer works fine, it only shows two drives in my computer C and D drive.I'm assuming thats normal.
    The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8S661FXM-775, anyone have any ideas as to what is happening, and how I can fix it. When you look in device manager the RAID one is in yellow.Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can help.
    Cheers John.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The easiest (it's still not that easy) method is to double click on the yellow device and view the Details tab. This will give you the vendor and device IDs and you can perform an internet search for the device drivers - preferably from the motherboard manufacturer's web site. Avoid sites that want you to pay for drivers.
    The IDs are like this: VID_03F0 for the vendor and PID_1705 for the device.

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Paul T. I googled the IDs, found the drivers and all is well. Now 4 HDD show up in my computer instead of 2.