4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

form field help (97)

form field help
    I have a form that has numerous check box fields on several pages, whenever I modify them however, ALL the fields in my document are affected, not just the ones I

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: form field help (97)

Hi Arage:

It sounds like you have REF fields or some other fields that are linked to the fields that you're working on. Also, the fields that you are working on may have "on exit" macros that make changes in other fields. If you unprotect the document (make sure you make a copy or you'll lose your work), you can:
    1) double click a field to see its properties and see if there is a macro;
    2) press Alt+F9 to toggle the field codes so you can see if the fields are linked.

It's hard to be more specific without knowing what fields, macros, etc. are in your document.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Re: form field help (97)

Chances are good that the modifications to the other (non-modified fields) are a resetting back to the field's original state. This is the default in Word and you can't do anything about it without writing (not recording) a macro to reprotect the document.

For an example of such a macro, see the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm> page on the using spell checker with a protected form</A> on the MVP website.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin