Thanks

IE 9: New Tabs Browsing, Potential Privacy issue?

A quick and easy on-the-fly way to see the websites where you have been lately is a potential privacy concern for the uninitiated.

Probably a well known feature for most, but I just happened to randomly discover this now. [??] maybe me slow!?

Below I have made an illustrated example of this on-the-fly way of quickly looking at
    previous sites visited. A convieniece for you the main user, but potentially a good way to learn where you've been lately if someone should pass by while your already logged on for the purposes of snooping:
    Untitled1.jpg
    (Above)
    Notice the little gray box just to the right of the open Google browser tab,
    highlighted by the mouse cursor when placed over it: New Tab (Ctrl+T).
    Clicking on it will bring up a list of previous sites you have browsed...
    Untitled2.jpg
    The list is as short or as long as your browser history has been kept. In the case above I had deleted the browser history and others, then randomly browsed a few sites.
    Untitled3.jpg
    Deleting the above eliminates the previous sites browsed.

Any thoughts or opinions on this from a privacy perspective?

Thanks
    I don't think this new feature does much more than make it easy for you, the user (and others you allow onto your PC), to access your most frequently used sites. The underlying history has always been there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You can simply tick the option to delete history on exit and the "problem" will be solved. I quite like this feature.

Thanks
    I use it mainly to open tabs that I have accidentally closed. If you use it "InPrivate" browsing it will show the tabs from your normal browsing.
    I have since lost the link (perhaps someone else may have it) that shows how to go into the registry and change the number of sites it shows to 15 rather than the last ten.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    I have been deleting my history when closing for quite some time. As Rui states works very well. Also hides your browsing tracks.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy