3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot Table GETPIVOTDATA field reference

This formula =GETPIVOTDATA("TheoWin",$A$72,"Player Name",+A66) works nicely to retrieve the grand total for a specific player in my list by pasting a copy of the player's name in A66.

I'd like to combined the results of a group of players from the table. Not all players want to be named, so they're coded with the REFUSED name. We have ONE REFUSED and TWO REFUSED and so on. A wild card reference in a SUMIF would simply be "*REFUSED".

I tried inserting an asterisk around REFUSED so that GETPIVOTDATA can sum all of the REFUSED but get only #REF! as a result. Is there a way to concatenate wild cards into the formula?

Thanks
    I don't think this is possible. Could you use some type of SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, or Array-type formula on the pivot or even more directly on the source dataset?

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Steve. I'm trying to get to learn GETPIVOTDATA; its application and syntax. A search of the Lounge results lead me to Contextures, but I couldn't find anything there either.

I usually make a workaround by adding one or more colulmns to the left of the data (a report I import from a special app) that contains a formula. In this case, I have =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("refused",A7718,1)),"N","R") to search the text which results in "R" where refused is not found and then filter on R or N.