New Lounger
    San Francisco, California, USA.

Srange help screen

I use an explorer replacement called Directory Opus that I like very much. Recently its help screens have been coming up with literal text, sample below.
    var _needIndentation = true;// ]]>

<script language="JavaScript" src="../DocToHelp.js" type="text/JavaScript" />

<meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6001.18099" name="GENERATOR" />

- <body style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" relpart="../">
    - <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    - <![CDATA[ if (typeof d2hInitMainThemeHandlers != "undefined") d2hInitMainThemeHandlers();// ]]>

- <div class="d2h_main_nsbanner" id="nsbanner" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ccff">
    - <div class="d2h_main_titlerow" id="TitleRow" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-LEFT: 22px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 4px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ccff">
    - <div id="_d2hTitleNavigator" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FLOAT: none; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: visible; CURSOR: default; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; POSITION: static; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none">
    - <div class="d2h_breadcrumbs" id="d2h_breadcrumbs">
    <a class="d2h_breadcrumbsNormal" href="introductionandoverview.htm">Introduction and Overview</a>

- <h2 style="MARGIN: 6pt 0pt">
    <a name="_Toc146014053" id="_Toc146014053" />

<a name="_Toc3792641" id="_Toc3792641" />

<a name="_Toc3024004" id="_Toc3024004" />

<a name="_Toc2655655" id="_Toc2655655" />

<a name="_Toc512454410" id="_Toc512454410">Welcome to Directory Opus</a>

The Directory Opus people tell me that they use a Windows module to create their help screen and that the problem is with Windows, not DO. They are adamant about this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get back my help screens? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.

5 Star Lounger
    Los Angeles, CA
    The text you posted looks like HTML. Apparently you lost an entry in the registry that lets Windows know that when it opens a file with a certain extension that the file should be opened in the browser. Ask the Directory Open people what the file extension is, then we can help fix the registry entry.

Super Moderator
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Does the Help look OK in other programs?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.