4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Alignment creates a copy

This is the weirdest thing. I am using PowerPoint 2002 on a Windows 7 machine.

When I select multiple objects and then click on Align, it also creates copies of each object. At first I thought there was something wrong with my monitor and it wasn't refreshing correctly but when I clicked on the Undo list, it showed Align Object and then Copy Object. When it copies the object it doesn't quite leave it in the same spot, so I can't get in and delete the duplicate object each time. Thanks for any help you can give.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, so here I am replying to my own thread. I just selected an object and went into Format Object and changed the horizontal position. When I clicked OK, I was moving it to the other side of the slide, it created a copy and moved one of the copies where I indicated and also kept one in the original position. It's almost like for certain operations the Copy/Paste is stuck on.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have 2002 on w7 at the moment but I know the aero desktop can cause these sort of problems.
    Things to try:

Set the desktop to Windows 7 Basic in Control Panel > Personlization (not tested)

Locate the PowerPNT.exe file (Program Files\Microsoft Office maybe) Right click >> Properties and in Compatabilty tick "Disable Desktop Composition"