New Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts File in Windows Mail

Recently my email Contacts file in Windows Mail has changed. (Maybe because I installed Windows 9???)
    Anyway, my problem is that I am not able to add new contacts to my email Contacts file. I can add a new contact when I receive an email and right click the email and select "Add Sender to contacts, but I can not add a contact any other way.
    What happened and how can I fix my Contacts file so I can add emails to it?
    I appreciate your interest and help.

Thanks
    Windows Mail was the email client in Vista, Windows Live Mail is the email client suggested for Windows 7 (I assume you meant Win 7 rather than Win 9 as you state above) If you wish to export the contacts to the new mail client you must first download Windows Live Mail. The contact list from Windows Mail should transport to WLM. Win 7 does not include a mail client as previous versions of Windows did.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Tedshemyers for your reply, but I'm sorry I gave you some wrong info. I meant Internet Explorer 9, not Windows 9 or 7.
    I am using Vista as my operating system. Would you have any suggestion about what I could do in Vista and Windows Mail to restore my email Contacts file so that I could put new email addresses into my contacts file?

Thanks
    I think I would first try to uninstall IE9 to see if the missing functionality is restored. If not then IE9 may not be the culprit.

Control Panel, Programs and Features, View installed updates link on the left. Scroll down until you find IE9 and uninstall. If you used IE8 previously it will be restored. You might consider downloading the IE9 file and installing from your local PC rather than through Windows Update.

The other thing to watch for is the version of IE9. Is your OS Vista 32 Bit or 64 Bit. If 32 Bit you must download the 32 Bit IE 9. If 64 Bit download the 64 Bit version which includes both 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. Most users have chosen to use the 32 Bit version for now. (64 Bit not quite ready for prime time use).
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

NM Rancher (2011-05-01)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK tedshemyers, I uninstalled IE9 and am back to using IE8. My email Contacts problem is the same. The only way I can add an email contact to my Cantacts file is to receive an email from that person, then right click the email and select add to Contacts. If I go to my Contacts file to add an email, there is no way to add it. There used to be some time ago, but I am not sure when this function disappeared. I would like to have it back.
    Thanks for trying. If you have any other suggestion, please let me know.