2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Basic OneNote Question

I posted this in Other MS Apps last week and got exactly no responses. I'm hoping this group can help.

I just discovered MS OneNote and I really like it. As a ring binder fiend, I find the notebook approach especially useful for the note-taking and organizing tasks I spend most of my time with.

Ideally, I'm hoping to simulate the experience of taking handwritten notes on a yellow, letter-sized, lined 8-1/2" x 11" page. But I haven't been able to find answers to basic questions, such as:

Right now, I hand write notes on a Wacom Bamboo Fun digital pad.

The questions:

- Is there a way to set the default "page size" to 8-1/2" x 11" and yellow?

- When I type, the page advances down automatically. But when I hand write the notes, it doesn't. I have to keep hitting the cursor down arrow to keep the "page" scrolling under what I'm writing. Otherwise, I hit the bottom of the page. Can this be done automatically? How do note-takers in school settings do this?

- Other than writing small, my handwriting appears as 80-point size letters, which means about five words per line. Is there a way to adjust the page view/size so that when I re-size the page it looks more like a handwritten page?

- I prefer reverse-chronological order, that is, the newest notes on top. How does one do this in OneNote?

- How does one paginate for printing? Can you control page breaks to avoid splitting a sentence or a photo? Or do I have to dump it all into Word and format it from there?

Finally, can anyone refer me to a good source (e.g., book, tutorial video) for this information?

Thank you.

Neal

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    - Is there a way to set the default "page size" to 8-1/2" x 11" and yellow?

Go to View and you will find 'Page Color' and 'Rule Lines' side by side, with lots of variety for each.

Thanks
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    This thread was duplicated in http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...Note-Questions
    You may find more answers there.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile