Thanks

win7 hacked, no keyboard or mousedrivers give error 39

i was recently hacked and since then i have had endless problems with booting up which is so to speak sorted( system booting up normally) but what issue still remains is the fact that i have no kb or mouse.

when i go into device manager and select the keyboard and mouse, it gives the message error 39, driver is missing or corrupt.

tried updating software drivers, tried windows fix service still no luck.

Any advice, as i am at the point of reinstalling...which is another issue, can one make a back up of the updates already installed?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    If by updates, you mean operating system updates, no. However, you have no need to lose your installed, programs, so you may try a Windows repair install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...r-install.html

Thanks
    Don't make a backup of updates already installed. You might just carry over your problem after a reinstall. If you did not make an Image before the problem started then don't do it now. The repair install mentioned by Rui might work. Or you could try to remove malware (I assume when you say you were hacked, you mean infected) There are numerous threads in the Security and Backup forum on removing malware and creating Images. I would suggest an extended visit there for help.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice, I managed to get the system to con itself into believing it was restored to a previous date and it's worked. Going to make sure it is infection free and then do the back up. (wipes sweat off brow)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Keyboard & mouse errors 39 aren't related to missing drivers (no matter what the properties say in Device Manager). The hack has added garbage to the UpperFilters section of your keyboard & mouse registry entries. See this site for more details:http://blog.ryantadams.com/2008/01/18/keyboard-not-working-due-to-missing-or-corrupt-drivers-code-39/
    This is generally a pretty easy fix, using the keyboard if the mouse is bollixed, or the virtual keyboard (Programs|Accessories|Ease of Access) if the keyboard won't work, but if BOTH are FUBARed, I guess you'ld have to install a new mouse & go on from there.

Thanks
    Thanks will check this out for future reference, managed to get it working somehow, two weeks of stressing about my data.... thanks for all the advice

Thanks
    Check out the discussions on Imaging in the Security and Backups forum. Your 2 weeks could have been reduced to less than 10 minutes (that's how long it takes me to restore from my Up To Date Image when I screw something up). The key is to keep your Image Up To Date. There is a lot of very good info in that forum that has become invaluable to me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    that has always been the idea, lol, just never been a reality. thanks for all the advice, i will definitely go have a good read and get my a into g!