New Lounger
    Thanks

ASUS P6T WS PRO + W7 BSOD with ASUS S/W

I have a P6T WS PRO motherboard with i920, 6Gb memory, boot from a RAID1 SAS drive, data is stored on a 3Gb SATA RAID5 array. I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1. That all works which seems to be a minor miracle.

My issue is that much of the ASUS supplied software (latest versions downloaded from Asus) wont install or give a BSOD on installation. Eg, ASUS EPU-Six Engine V1.01.17 for Windows XP & 64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows7 wont install, ASUS TurboV V1.01.01 for Windows XP/Vista & 64bit XP/Vista & 32/64 bit Windows 7 gives a BSOD with the finger pointing at AsInsHelp64.sys.

Please could someone tell me what is going on. Michael Barraclough

Thanks
    Have you attempted to query the Asus forums on this, after all it is their own software.

It is also not widely unknown that some of Asus's own software can be rather buggy, to put it mildly.
    It is also my opinion that TurboV should be forgotten. If one is going to make clock adjustments, they are best done from within the BIOS directly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

barraclm (2011-05-01)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the speedy response. I have also posted in the Asus forums. However, seeing the large number of unanswered posts there I don't hold out any hopes. I agree about Turbo V. However, I tried it as I want to get something Asus has supplied to work! My real need is PC Probe II so that I can see what is going on.

Michael Barraclough