Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Upgraded; now some mail-label reports don't work

    I upgraded to MS Acess 2010. Now some older DB do generate mail lables, other DB's don't- they ask for Trim parameter.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
    What version did you upgrade from? If it was prior to 2007, then you may need to set "Trusted Locations" under Access Options. Are the ones that work in one folder, and the ones that don't in a different folder?
    Wendell

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I upgraded from 2003. Yes, the DB,s are in different folders, but all are under MyDocuments whick I put into the Trusted file and allowed all subfolders.
    Even if I try to create new labes reports, I have the problem. If I only put one field per line, it works finse for all lines. If I add another field to a line - it asks for Trim parameter.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
    What does your data source for the text boxes on the label look like? Trim() is normally used to remove leading and trailing spaces - and the label builder wizard often includes that function in the data source. The prompt suggests that you may have a missing reference in your database if no other cause can be found. To determine if that is the case, open an existing VBA module (or create an empty new module if there aren't any), and click Tools/References in the VBA Editor. If one is shown as "missing" that can be the cause - if it is an old module such as DAO 2.0, it can be removed. If not, you may have some sort of corruption or a missing key file in your Access installation.
    Wendell

  5. #5
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YES - I discovered I do have a utility.mba, and filename.mbd that is missing. I go to the old XP PC with 2003, and I can see the 2 VBA files - bit I cannot figure out how to delete them.
    This DB is over 10 yrs old - guess I added those 2 VBA files when I was smarter - and more active in Access - or by accident.
    Why Don't Access 2010 read the files?
    Seems they would have transfered over in the .mdb file. Guess I need to get out some books to see how to get rid of these files.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
    To delete those references, simply remove the check in the checkbox for that item.
    Wendell

  7. #7
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes - I did delete (uncheck) these in tie 2003 version, copied the file to the 2010 PC - still failing.
    Seems regardless - 2010 Access should work if it works in 2003 version.
    Anyhow - I created a new DB in 2010 ( .accdb no . mdb) and exported tables, some queries and some reports into the new DB. Then I generated a new mail lable report - AND IT WORKS.....
    I have resolved the issue - although still no idea what the problem was.
    Thanks for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •