2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

All my emails have disappeared!

My Outlook program is set up with the default Outlook account (always empty) and my personal user account which is linked to my provider. Normally, both appear on startup, with the Inbox in the default account highlighted. I click on my account Inbox and all of the emails appear. However, suddenly my account seems to have disappeared and only the empty default account shows. I can click on File, highlight my account name, click on Open then select my file name . My .pst file is still there and has a non-zero size. However, when I select OK, it displays an empty file, though the name at the top of the page is my account name.
    I received several emails today, a process which seems to have been completed OK, but they are not visible.
    Any suggestions gratefully received (hopefully before i have torn all my hair out!).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Solved!

My navigation pane was set to Normal, which misled me somewhat at first. However, I eventually selected another option and then selected Normal again and, would you believe, everything suddenly reappeared.
    The only thing I can think of to explain this somewhat freaky behaviour, is that, after experiencing this annoying "confiuring windows updates - do not turn off your machine" thing, I decided to do a complete check, using Glary Utilities. It does a lot of work on the registry and perhaps it unsettled some of the Outlook stuff. Anyway, it appears to be OK now, so I apologise for wasting your valuable time.

Jim.