Thread: Win 7 queries

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 queries

I have just reformatted & reinstalled windows 7 (via the recovery discs) and even though I haven't set-up WMP yet, I am hoping that someone can advise as whether it is possible to replace WMP12 with a previous version of WMP?
    Secondly, I also want to replace Win 7's 'paint' application; as the latest paint is way-to-confusing to comprehend. Can XP's paint (which I have on CD) be used instead?
    Thirdly, we all know that Microsoft deliberately didn't include any e-mailing component (no surprises there!); is 'outlook express' compatible with Win 7? or do I specifically have to download & use 'windows live'?
    Last edited by Robko; 2011-05-02 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Thirdly, we all know that Microsoft deliberately didn't include any e-mailing component (no surprises there!); is 'outlook express' compatible with Win 7? or do I specifically have to download & use 'windows live'?
    Windows 7 doesn't come with an email client and that is very good news. If they would only remove IE in North America too, that would be even better.
    OE is no more, but you will have many other mail client alternatives other than Windows Live.
    WLM currently has 3 versions with the earliest being most similar to OE.
    Secondly, I also want to replace Win 7's 'paint' application; as the latest paint is way-to-confusing to comprehend. Can XP's paint (which I have on CD) be used instead?
    Windows 7 paint is actually better than XP's version. Get to know how the ribbon works and you will come to like it.
    ...Or at least be proficient in using it.
    I am hoping that someone can advise as whether it is possible to replace WMP12 with a previous version of WMP?
    Not likely possible to have an older version of WMP. If it's the look you don't like then skin it.

Get Windows XP’s Paint Interface in Windows 7
    Paint XP for Windows 7

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows 7 - WinMatrix
    Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7
    Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7 by Britec

How to use Outlook Express on Windows 7
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2011-05-07 at 01:11.