Lounger
    Thanks

Top Values (97, SR2)

Hi everybody -

I have a report with an underlying query that gives me insurance claim records for a client. One of the fields is ACC_COD, which represents the code for the type of accident which caused an injury. This is a text field that, for example, contains values like "Fall on Ice" or "Lifting/Carrying". There are many different accident codes involved.

In the report, I would like to insert a chart that shows just the top 5 *unique* accident codes. I've tried creating a new query to give me this result, but it just gives me 2 or 3 codes that appear to just be in reverse alphabetic order, not necessarily the codes that appear most often for this client.

Can anybody help with this? Not sure if I've given all the info needed, so feel free to ask if you need to know anything else. Thanks in advance for any help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Top Values (97, SR2)

Try this.
    Create a query and add your field ACC_COD twice. Turn on the Totals (the Greek looking E). Group by the first ACC_COD field, and Count the second one. Sort the second one Decending. If the results look promising, then add the top 5 value into the query.
    Paul