2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Access Select Query Form Combobox Not Updating

I have a Form which is bound on a Select Query. The Select Query includes links to each of the Tables bound to the Comboboxes. The Form has a number of ComboBoxes for selecting various options that are then to be written back to the Main Table. The Comboboxes each display the data from the Select Query, but when I try to change an option in any of the Comboboxes the dropdown list appears but on clicking an item in the list nothing happens - the list stays open and all I get is a "boing" sound.

How can I make the Combobox selection work and save to the updated selection ID to the Main Table?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BygAuldByrd View Post
    I have a Form which is bound on a Select Query. The Select Query includes links to each of the Tables bound to the Comboboxes. The Form has a number of ComboBoxes for selecting various options that are then to be written back to the Main Table. The Comboboxes each display the data from the Select Query, but when I try to change an option in any of the Comboboxes the dropdown list appears but on clicking an item in the list nothing happens - the list stays open and all I get is a "boing" sound.

How can I make the Combobox selection work and save to the updated selection ID to the Main Table?
    I don't understand why you have links to all the tables in the comboboxes. You don't need them. This may have made the select query non-updatable, which is why the "boing" sound.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.