5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Property value too large?

I have a Crosstab query that generates a number of columns for a number of dates that can be specified by a query parameter ("next X days from today"). Because the default column width is too wide to fit many columns on a screen, I need to set a narrower column width, and when I select a small number of columns and do this (e.g., next 7 days), it works OK, but when I select a large number of columns and do this (e.g next 30 days), I nearly always get the following error when I then attempt to save the query with the new column width setting.

"Property setting cannot be larger than 2K. (Error 3309)
    You are trying to set a property value of an object to a size greater than the largest permissible size of 2K. Shorten the length of the property value."

The only thing that I am trying to set is the same column width for a selected group of columns. What property could this be referring to?

(I realize that it is better to use a form or report than a query when a specific layout is needed, but I need to use this query as it is just now.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe the issue is with the total length of the SQL string that makes up your query, and the properties it contains. The maximum size of that string varies in some versions, but try counting the characters for the string and see how long it is. If it approaches 2048, then that almost certainly is the issue.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. The query string from SQL view contains 1,411 characters, but there are no properties mentioned in it.