New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Windows 7 update fails

HEllo im glenn.

I got the same problem and had done something. As what I've read from other sites, i need to download msxml 4 sp3. I thought it'll worked things out but I spent sweat for nothing. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

Please do not add to another problem to an existing thread. It gets very confusing quickly to keep track of which responses apply to which problem.

Please supply more detail about your issue. Is "the same problem" one or more updates that are offered more than once? If so, please identify which update(s) is/are failing. See MSXML 4 SP3 for download links.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I researched the net thoroughly and could not find solution - thought it might be the windows installer file. Spent days on problem. Finally restored to a system/restore/backup that I had previously created. Problem solved. Never have found solution or cause of problem!

When you get computer back to normal, go to backup/restore, check your settings and be sure you are backing up system image, as well as drives. Hopefully, you have a more recent backup than mine which was 6 months old.