Thread: Recent Places

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Recent Places

Since re-installing Window 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion p6310f I have lost a useful function called Recent Places. Before re-installing, I could quickly see all the recent files, folders, etc. that I had used during the current Windows session.
    Now, however, it's gone and despite a lot of searching, I have not been able to find how to get it back.
    The folder used to reside with 2 others under Favorites (Desktop, Downloads and Recent Places). The folder itself is there but there is never anything in it.
    Any help in getting this little feature re=established and working would be appreciated.

Cheryl

Administrator
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

If you mean "Recent Items" in the Start Menu, right click the Start Orb and select "Properties". The "Start Menu" tab click "Customize". Scroll down to "Recent Items" and click the check box. "OK" your way out.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Recent Places

Thanks JoeP517 for the reply but no, not recent Items (already had that checked as you described) but a folder called Recent Places which resided in Windows Explorer at the very top ahead of even Desktop and grouped under Favorites with the Downloads folder.
    Prior to re-install, this folder was always full of links to files I had worker on...made it easy to get back to one but since re-install, the folder is there but it is always empty and I want to know what needs to be enacted to populate it again.

Thanks

Cheryl

Thanks
    I think you might be talking about this:

RecentPlaces.jpg

Mine seems to be empty as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Found this on Microsoft Answers site: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-3623ca89c41c

There are two solutions explained (see the 2nd on the 2nd page, as it just seems easier).

I use Recent Places a lot. Saves a lot of effort getting back to places you go frequently.