New Lounger
    Thanks

Go-bounce-roll back?

I used (Norton) GoBack for years -- long before Norton acquired it. Loved it. Norton has abandoned it with Windows 7, and I'm trying to find the best replacement. I currently have BounceBack Ultimate (CMS Products) installed, and it appears to work as advertised. With installation of the software, BounceBack formatted my USB drive and then copied all necessary files from C: to J: . When I boot now, a startup screen gives me the choice to either boot regularly or use the USB drive to boot. As far as I can tell, everything I would need to boot is on the USB drive, and I know it backs up new data files.

But there are a few minor annoyances with BB that got me looking elsewhere. I'm about to install RollBack Rx, which seems to be the closest I can get to GoBack. Rollback uses "Snapshots" to provide backup. Rollback's installation instructions leave a lot to be desired -- as I discovered in reading the Help files. If I install Rollback, I plan to leave BounceBack in place and use it, say, once a day to do a backup.

I would appreciate any comments/observations.

Thanks
    Read about several fine Imaging apps in the Security and Backups forums. There are numerous postings there.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Read about several fine Imaging apps in the Security and Backups forums. There are numerous postings there.
    I'll take a look.