Star Lounger
    Thanks

CCleaner: How can I run it automatically?

CCleaner, recommended by Windows Secrets coumnists, has proven to be a valuable tool for me.

But like much in life as I get older, I forget about it until something (usually a problem) has reminded me to use it.

So I'd like to schedule it to run daily, scan and fix any registry errors, and close itself.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? What command lines will get it to run, automatically scan and repair just the registry part, without making a backup of the changes, and then exit (but not shut down the computer)?

Thanks
    I would think you could use the Task Scheduler (type task scheduler in the search box), then Action tab, Create a task. I do not use it, but have read that this will run apps on a schedule. MS has instructions on how to do this. Another site for this task (no pun intended).
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ted. I already use the Task Scheduler for other things. But I need help in knowing how to set up the correct command line (if indeed there is one) that will open CCleaner, scan the registry, fix any problems and close it - all while I'm snoring in bed.

Thanks
    I don't recommend running CCleaner's registry cleaner willy-nilly. It should only be run when there are very specific indications for doing so, and with the user present.
    Setup CCleaner to Automatically Run Each Night in Windows 7, Vista or XP
    Create a Shortcut or Hotkey to Run CCleaner Silently

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

crimsonsword (2011-05-04),joro (2011-04-25)

Thanks
    I agree, if something goes wrong with the registry cleaner, it could hose your system badly. If you do decide to do this make sure you have an Up To Date Image on hand. I thought you were talking about cleaning temp files, etc. Registry work is best left when you can attend and choose what to dispose of.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, guys. You've convinced me. I'll only run the registry cleaner in person when there's a specific reason, like after removing a program. And I do always keep a recent image on a separate hard drive...just in case.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    FYI
    Outside of the Registry scan option, you can set-up CCleaner to automatically run (or perform the Cleaning option) when you start up your computer through Options/Settings (top check box) within the CCleaner utility itself. Just an observation ...