New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Problem with height of table

Hi all,

I'm new here and i have a problem with mail merge.
    I'm using catalogue/directory mail merge and source of my data is CRMdynamics 4.0.
    I'm merging data to table that it grow with the records, but i have a big problem in one of the field the data is bigger than the cell and word wrap the data, but the table height don't grow to continue showing all data.

i appreciate if somebody can help me
    Best Regards
    Diogo Moreira

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Select the table row and then right click it and chose Table Properties. Under the Row tab, turn off the Specify Height setting (or change it to 'At Least')
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply,
    but my problem is a little bit more complicated than this, i have 2 tables one to be the header and only show up in the first record and the second table have the mergefields and expand with quantity of products i have. but some of them products have a very big name and i have to show all name and i can't change the height of the rows, actually if i change the height i only can see in the last row, and i want to change the height of all rows.

Best Regards
    Diogo Moreira

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OK Diogo

You will need to give us more to work with if you want someone to solve this for you. Can you post a sample document which demonstrates your problem?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    here is a sample with the stuffs i have, there is two tables and only one will show and i have problem with the rows of the tables.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think I see your problem now - the nested fields are stopping you from getting at the table properties.

I couldn't select the tables with the various things you had done so I needed to resort to vba to solve the first part of your issue. The problem has two parts:
    1. The tables are not placed 'inline' so each one sits as a floating object on the page. This might be what is causing you to only see the last one (it is on top of the others).
    2. The table row height is restricted

I don't have your data source so I cant test this on my machine without creating a bunch of data which may not look like your real data. What I can do is change the behaviour of the table row heights which allow you to then select each the table and get at the properties to manage it better. Run the following macro on that file and then do some testing. I would also select each table and make sure it is not floating.

Code:
    Sub AdjustTableRowHeights()
      Dim aTbl As Table
      For Each aTbl In ActiveDocument.Tables
        aTbl.Rows.HeightRule = wdRowHeightAuto
      Next aTbl
    End Sub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

DiogoMoreira (2013-08-01)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Andrew,
    thanks for your solution, i wass able to solve my error. But now i have another problem i made my mail merge template in word2010 in my computer and i was testing in other computer and i had a lot of errors in this computer it have word2013 and the most big error is in calculated field, ther is a new way to make calculated fields or have i installed something that i don't remember and in the other computer they don't?

Best Regards
    Diogo Moreira

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    I'm having a new problem when i have big tables with some rows at max 30, some of the rows overlap and i don't have any idea how to fix it.
    If some one have the same problem and know how to fix please tell me.
    In attached will have asome exempla of what is happening.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Diogo

You are still floating your tables. Floated tables don't paginate automatically. Select the table and examine the Table Properties. Set the text wrapping to 'None'

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ok Andrew,
    so can you please help me making a table that works fine. please,
    because i have a to finish this and i dont know how to make it work fine, and i can´t use VBA, because there are some people in my organization that no want to use because, so i have to find another solution to make it properlly.

Thanks if you need something tell me and i will try to help