New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane slider is missing

I don't know when this happened, but I used to have a slider bar at the botton of the left hand Navigation Pane in Windows Explorer. Now it's gone. If the the folder names are too long to fit in the pane, I'm just out of luck. Of course the full folder name will display if you hover over it, but that's only one name at a time.

So what governs whether or not that slider appears. On my laptop sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. On my desktop, I can't seem to get it back at all.

Mick

Thanks
    Check this answer abut your problem. Does not appear to be a problem at all.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, Dynamic multi-dimensional scrolling would be great, or at least better than nothing, if it worked. But on my Win7 Home desktop that left navigation pane is frozen in stone. Nothing I do with my mouse pointer will make it slide left or right. The ONLY way that I can get to folders that are too wide to fit in the pane, is to make the pane bigger.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I guess that you are interpreting it wrong. The left pane is not supposed to scroll. What you get is a big folder name displayed when you hover the mouse over it, as shown here: http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...lti-scrolling/

Remember that at the left you get what you had with XP and at the right, it's Windows 7. I guess that's why Ted said before that you had no issues, as that is simply the way Windows 7 works.