New Lounger
    Thanks

can only select first line in drop down windows for screen saver and other

my screen saver suddently did not work, the pictures I was using did not show and my desktop shows all the time
    in personalization/screen saver when I select a line in the drop down window it quickly goes back to the first line (none). the same happens with power management (my monitor is always on) , I cannot select a line from the drop down windows in services either (MS config).
    I can force the selection of a line by holding the Ctrl key at the same time I select a line but when I click apply/OK it does not acknoledge my choice and goes back to the top.
    what I have done so far to try to fix the problem (without success)

1. Update the driver for the mouse (device manager) ( it was up to date), and change USB port for the mouse .
    2. Did a windows repair at startup (F8), everything was OK
    3. Run in save mode an SCF/scannow, everything was OK
    4. Uninstall program that were installed in the past 10 days
    5. Did a System restore to the earliest date available
    6. Run Ccleaner, Microsoft security essential, registry cleaner, Malwarebytes.
    Nothing worked!
    is there anybody with this problem who was able to fix it?

Thanks
    At this point, I would suggest a repair/reinstall.

Don't boot from the installation DVD, but run setup from within Windows.

My personal recommendation on "registry cleaners" is never use any "registry cleaner" at any time for any reason.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    how to run set up from within windows?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by begatdj View Post
    how to run set up from within windows?
    Repair Install Windows 7
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows