New Lounger
    Thanks

what can I uninstall on new computer?

Fortunately, my new computer came with very few junk programs -- but I did determine that I would not use or need Windows Live Messenger and related programs, so uninstalled them. However, that left Windows Live Sign-in Assistant, Windows Live Sync, and Windows Live Upload Tool. Do I need these? WIll removing them cause any future problems?

Thanks, Dana

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    That will depend upon which, if any, of the Windows Live components you use. If the answer is none, you won't likely miss them by removing the above.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To the best of my knowledge I do not , and never have, used any WIndows Live; so will remove. Thanks for your quick reply. Dana

Thanks
    One program that helps removing unwanted junkware from new PC's is PC Decrapifier. Yes that is really the name.

The only Live apps I use are Windows Live Mail (I decided on this over Thunderbird), Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Windows Live Movie Maker. I did not install any of the remainder of the Live suite of apps.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that - will check out PC Decrapifier. I use Thunderbird on my other computers, and am comfortable with it, so not likely to change. And my understanding is that should I want to use others from that suite, I can always re-download and install.