Thanks

Newbie, to web page design . . .

Where should one go to attempt to learn about designing a webpage? Not a programmer or any other knowledgeable person with computers. Just a very curious USER that is not afraid to try anything . . except when it causes a crash and so far with Win7 64 there have not been any, yet!

Are there any sites that could be recommended for learning without costing? I am retired and on a fixed income so that could be a problem if they cost. Not wanting to do this for a living, just would like to tinker and maybe expand my abilities.
    TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS Win7 Pro 64bit SP1; FireFox v49.x, all with the latest updates

Thanks

Thanks
    jscher2000,

Thank you so very muchly for this information, it is better to start with the BEST . . than crash with the worster.

I have been looking around and this is a very good place to begin. I will get underway with these later this week, as I have another project that has come up with HIGHER priority.
    I do thank you so very much for these three, they look better to me than any I have been too so far.
    TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS Win7 Pro 64bit SP1; FireFox v49.x, all with the latest updates

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NTLS View Post
    Where should one go to attempt to learn about designing a webpage? Not a programmer or any other knowledgeable person with computers. Just a very curious USER that is not afraid to try anything . . except when it causes a crash and so far with Win7 64 there have not been any, yet!

Are there any sites that could be recommended for learning without costing? I am retired and on a fixed income so that could be a problem if they cost. Not wanting to do this for a living, just would like to tinker and maybe expand my abilities.
    While I am not sure that you want to learn a "new" programming language, I would suggest "Ruby on Rails". The best way I found for learning is by doing. You can find information on Ruby on Rails (RoR) on any search engine. And best of all it is open-source which means it is free!!! There are many tutorials which are also free. I certainly understand the income statement, as many in this economy are suffering. While it may require a little more time and effort, I feel it is well worth it.

Hoping that this helps you.