Thanks

Unhappy Self Enduced ID10T Error

Yesterday I converted a couple of .pdf documents to .doc format for friend. She asked that I e-mail it back to her. Now for the ID10T part. I didn't bother to look at the size of the documents OOPS! 84mgb in size, and yup you guessed it both are now stuck in my outbox. I tried delete, but all I get is that they are still sending.
    Is there a way to stop this, so that I can delete the documents?
    I am using Outlook 2007
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Can you change send/receive to not send when you connect? then shut down and restart Outlook. That way Outlook may let you get rid of it.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

t8ntlikly (2011-05-08)

Thanks
    thank Joe but that didn't work the first time. but did the second time around! E-Mail gone!
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2011-05-08 at 14:42.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Usually if something is being sent, you can click the send / receive status display at the bottom of the Outlook window. That opens a dialog that allows you to cancel the current sending / receiving operation. Click the button to cancel and then you can delete whatever you want.

I also have a rule to delay everything I send for 2 minutes. This allows me to correct obvious mistakes, like failing to attach a file or something, or stop an email from sending for any other relevant reason.