3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I unreferece Access Office 14 library in Access 2003 and reference v11

In access 2003, my Access Office 11 library which refers to msacc.olb located in program file\office 11\ has been changed or rather highjacked by Access Office 14 library after installiing Office 2010 in a different folder. Now none of my macros and swicthboard work in access 2003. How can I change the references to qet back the Access Office 11 library. A google search I found an article by allen Brown where he writes that C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\msacc.olb is critical for Msaccess 2003 http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html Could this be the cause of my macros failing in 2003 as well as the switch board?
    Last edited by r3x3; 2011-05-11 at 11:33.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have both version installed on the machine, you should be able to point your 2003 database back to the correct library. If you open the code window, look in the Tools menu for References...

Open this dialog box and check the item listed. the checked items are the ones associated with the database you have open. If you see the 14 library, uncheck it then look down the list for the 11 library. Check that item.

Hope this helps.
    Richard

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aheron View Post
    If you have both version installed on the machine, you should be able to point your 2003 database back to the correct library. If you open the code window, look in the Tools menu for References...

Open this dialog box and check the item listed. the checked items are the ones associated with the database you have open. If you see the 14 library, uncheck it then look down the list for the 11 library. Check that item.

Hope this helps.
    I tried this but could find the 11 library, I guess that this is a problem with my permssions And I could not uncheck the 14 library.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried this but could find the 11 library, I guess that this is a problem with my permssions And I could not uncheck the 14 library.