New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Startup (word 2000)

I have Word set up to access startup templates from the network. After installing some new software I now have a new .dot file which is located in the Word default startup area on the c: drive.

When Word is launched I would expect to get my network served startup templates only. This is not the case. I am getting both the network and c: drive startup files.

Has anybody come across this or can offer an explanation as to why it's happening? I know I can rename the file on the c: drive to stop it loading but I'd still be interested to know what's going on.

Thanks

Re: Word Startup (word 2000)

Word 2000 (and probably other versions as well) has two startup folders. One is the one set under Tools => Options => File Locations. The other is (usually) c:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Startup but may also be located in your user profile in Windows under Application Data/Microsoft.

See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm#Global> Template Basics - Global templates</A> for more on global templates and startup folders.

Hope this helps,
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin