New Lounger
    Thanks

recent windows updates in April/May failures

Am I the only one with a problem here? A sea of updates that on the whole have come down without a problem with "automatic updates active" (sorry Susan Bradley!). Then April 14th it started with C++ 2008 failure. Then 12th of May a string of failures. I have gone back to restore point April 10th and tried again. I have tried the troubleshooter in the updates. none work. They are marked as important. Is there anyone else with this problem and what should I do?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Updates.

Hello.
    Here also, I had problems with the latest Updates. I had 4 selected to D/L and one that had to be checked to ON so it would D/L too. That last one was KB2533552. I had a hunch that it was the guilty one. After the D/L of the 4 of them, my machine took 5 minutes to install the Updates and sat at 32% for this long. My 10/100 was dead.

I restored to 11th current and got to the Updates, one at the time. All is now fine. The one mentioned above had a warning against it from MS, that made me doubt the install and also the fact that it was not checked as an automatic D/L.

Things happen ???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to handcuff36 For This Useful Post:

Jeremy Vevers (2011-05-13)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    They do happen and thanks handcuff. funnily enough the KB2533552 was one of the few that did go through in the last 2 days. In the update history it has 3 occurrences in 2 days. I have never had failures before and then I have 9 in one day and MS update says I need no more. a mystery.
    Jeremy Vevers
    http://www.vevers.com