New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 locks at meeting invitations

We are starting to deploy Office 2010 to some of our more experienced users along with myself and for the most part have not had any glitches occur. However, I have been experiencing problems with Outlook 2010 that none of the others are having.

For the majority of the time Outlook 2010 runs great. But, whenever a meeting or appointment invitation hits the Inbox and you try to open it, Outlook will display the cursor with the spinning circle. Try clicking the invite message again and the Outlook window dims out and a message pops up that Outlook 2010 has quit responding and you are given the option to wait until it responds again or to close the process. Selecting the "wait" option doesn't do any good, Outlook never starts responding. The only way to get out of it is to end the process, which shuts down Outlook, and then reopen Outlook 2010 so you can open the invite and respond to it.

We are in an Active Directory Domain and run our own Exchange 2007 mail server. Outlook is setup to run in Cached Exchange Mode. We also run our own Communicator 2007 R2 IM (internal to the Domain only. As to Add-Ins,I have SnagIt, and the CRM Outlook Client. Here's a brief rundown of my computer's specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 6143 Mb
    Graphics Card: Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series Secondary (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) , 6 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 411796 MB; D: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 472215 MB; E: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 470403 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5B-Premium, Rev 1.xx, MB-1234567890
    Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Updated and Enabled

If anybody has any ideas I sure would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried delete your OST file and letting it be recreated?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Duh,,,Looked at everything but the obvious. Good old tunnel-vision.

I deleted the ost and let Outlook 2010 build a new one and all seems to be working now

Thanks, Joe!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You're welcome. Nice thing about the OST is to be able to delete it and have it recreated automatically. It may take a while but it will be done.

Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe