Lounger
    Thanks

System repair disc error

Following Fred's good advice I attempted to make a system repair disc but got a window saying the parameters were incorrect and an error message 0x80070057. Does anyone know how to sort this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred's good advice? A link to that advice might help!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Try clicking the Start Orb and typing "create" in the search box. Right click "Create a system repair disk" and select "Run as administrator".

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry to be imprecise. I'm referring to Fred's article in the latest news;etter about making a Windows safety net

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the idea Joe but i'm afraid I got the same repy parameters are incorrect with the same error message.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I'm afraid I can't find a definitive answer. I found several possibilities in the links at Windows 7 create system repair disc 0x80070057.

Make sure you at least have your data backed up before proceeding. That way if worse comes to worse and you have to do a reinstall you'll have a good backup of the important stuff.

Joe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

norrum (2011-05-16)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I, too, tried using Fred's article to create an image and got to the point where I received an error notice - something about a shadow image or some such. Thus I'll stick to Macrium Reflect or Paragon Backup and Recovery 2011, both of which are free.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One solution:

I had the 0x80070057 error, too. After some searching, I found it is a very common problem among people trying to create the system repair disk. The most common workaround was to boot from the original Windows 7 install disk and create the repair disk from there.

I kept looking for a better solution. I thought it was an access issue but even using my default administrator account made no difference. This is the account that Windows 7 forces you to create upon installation or first use.

The solution for me was to activate the hidden (also called "built-in") Administrator account. Log on to that account and I could create both a repair CDROM and repair DVD. Go back to my default administrator account and I get the old error message.

Note that switching users from your regular account to the Administrator acccount does not work. You must initially log on as Administrator.

For information on activating the hidden Administrator account, see (among many sites)
    Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, SP1
    Last edited by RandySea; 2011-05-19 at 11:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RandySea For This Useful Post:

bigpygme (2011-05-19)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile may be useful.

I Had a similar problem trying to make a security copy, and changing de coma ( , ) by the point ( . ) fixed the problem. Panel control, clock, language, región ... If you need the whole instruccións, ask me in my mail <maxedum@gmail.com> and I´ll send you a file with instruccions I applied. It worked in my situation. (Sorry about my english, I´m from Chile and know almost nothing about computing. Good luck.