New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 SP1 update

I followed Susan Bradley's (and Microsoft's) advice (5/12/11) to install KB 2533552 and KB 2534366. After that SP1 no longer appears in the update list (and is not in Computer properties). Looking at KB976932 it says not to use when only one computer is involved. Also Microsoft Article ID: 2498452 does not seem to apply. What should I try next?

Thanks
    Hi srepetto, and welcome to the Lounge!

Disregard the remarks you read on KB976932 as to downloading for just one computer. You will have a much more smooth install if you download the full package from this MS site. Using Windows Update to install SP1 is best left alone. Also, the smaller installation setup routine referred to on the linked page can be frustrating as well. Once you download the full service pack, you can save it in case you need to install it again at another time. Several of the Lounge members here, including myself have downloaded the full package.

When you download the service pack, select either the 'windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe' or the 'windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe' depending on whether you have the 64 bit or 32 bit edition of Windows 7 installed on your computer. The other downloads listed are not likely related to your particular Win7 installation. Note that 'X86' means 32 bit.

Hope this helps, and enjoy SP1!

NOTE: Questions on how to do a task related to Windows 7 are best posted in the Windows 7 Forum. I am moving your thread there. The Windows Secrets Columns Forum is chiefly for feedback to the columnists.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-05-14 at 13:28.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That worked fine. Thanks.

Thanks
    I'm glad to hear you successfully installed SP1. Thanks for posting back your success.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill