New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007 Header Words with Different Color Fonts

In an MS Windows Word 2007 header, in the same line, I want to have one word left justified in a blue arial font 12 pt, a centered word that is in black arial font 12 pt, and a black right justified arial font 12 pt.

e.g.,
    Blue Header Word .................Black Header Word.................... Black Header Word

I have created separate header Styles for each word (differing in position and font color). However, all words turn the same color despite the different Styles.

Can this be done? How?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You need to apply a Character style to the 'blue header word' and a Paragraph style to the complete paragraph. The character style will override the paragraph style to make that word blue.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

euhodos (2011-05-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    And regarding the positioning of the text in the header, you don't need separate styles for the left aligned, centered, and right aligned content: the built-in Header style comes pre-set with center and right tabs, so just typing a tab after the left-aligned words, and another tab after the center-aligned words, should produce the positioning you want, automatically.

Gary

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Frieder For This Useful Post:

euhodos (2011-05-18)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    @Gary AND @Andrew:

Good job, both of you! I hope the OP, your net "client," feels the same; nevertheless, I appreciate the succinct reminder, thus the Thanks.

Regards,
    Gene

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One possible 'simple' solution is to insert a three column table with no borders applied. The cells should be aligned left, centre and right respectively. You can apply a different style for each cell which won't override the adjacent cells. Alternatively, you can use just one Header style now and manually apply the colour to each cell (but that's not best practice).