Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Doesn't Run (Word 2000)

We have a user that we sent a word document that includes macros. The user is using WinNT 4.0 and Office 2000. We they try to run the macro in the document that we sent them, Word freezes up and stops responding. They get the hourglass and nothing more. No error messages, no prompts, etc. When they check the task manager, Word is not respoding. We had them turn their Macro security to low, and it didn't make a difference. We also had them create a macro on their machine, and they were able to run their own macros. We've had them delete their Normal.dot and have a new one created. That also didn't make a differece. I'm running out of ideas. Is their some NT restrictions that could cause this? The macro did run on a Win95 machine used by that same user. Or would a reinstall of Word solve this? A service pack? Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Doesn't Run (Word 2000)

More details of the macro that refuses to run might be helpful. Could you provide a description or better still the actual code ?

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Doesn't Run (Word 2000)

Basically, all the macro is doing is checking to see if the document is a read only document. If it is read only, it is supposed to return an error message. If it's not read only, then it's supposed to display a menu of options. Then depending on your menu choice, it triggers other macros to run whichever choice you specify. But it never makes it to the menu choices. I don't think it will send back results for whether the document is read-only or not. We've error-trapped it with dialogue boxes and it never brought back the result. I'm having a hard time believing it's with the code, because we tested it here on an NT box before we sent it. We've also tested it since, and it will work fine here. We can also get it to error out here by installing some additional software needed without admin rights. But, at least in that case it returns an actual error message. The person trying to run the macro can run it on Win95 or Win98 and it functions fine, just not on the NT box. What gets me is that there is never an error code returned. Word just freezes up and quits responding.