New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Mysterious icons in PDF files from Word 2007

When I've pasted a JPG file into a Word 2007 document, and then print or saveto a PDF file I get a little Icon that says "Microsoft Word Picture" in the PDF, but yet, they don't show in the Word .docx file. I've pasted a screen capture so you can see them. Any idea how to get rid of or prevent them?

unwanted icons.jpg

Thanks
    How are you creating your PDF? Is it possible your converter pre-dates the DOCX format in Office 2007?

Thanks
    Yes, please relate what steps you're taking. I have Word 2007 and can't recreate your results. I tried changing settings both within Word and each of my PDF programs that might result in displaying an icon instead of a .jpg, and I couldn't.

Which program and version are you using to print to PDF? (Word 2007 requires Acrobat 8 or later.)

If you haven't installed the FREE Microsoft PDF/XPS Add-in, you might try that immediately. Go HERE to get the add-in. Try again and see if you still have the same issue.

On the other hand, if you have Acrobat 8 or higher, you might try resetting all the preferences to the default and see if that helps.

Best, Kim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmurdock View Post
    Yes, please relate what steps you're taking. I have Word 2007 and can't recreate your results. I tried changing settings both within Word and each of my PDF programs that might result in displaying an icon instead of a .jpg, and I couldn't.

Which program and version are you using to print to PDF? (Word 2007 requires Acrobat 8 or later.)

If you haven't installed the FREE Microsoft PDF/XPS Add-in, you might try that immediately. Go HERE to get the add-in. Try again and see if you still have the same issue.

On the other hand, if you have Acrobat 8 or higher, you might try resetting all the preferences to the default and see if that helps.

Best, Kim
    It seems this is only happening in this one document, I can't recreate it by opening a new document and pasting in a JPG picture. Weird. I did some experimentation and copied the existing JPGs to a new file, and still no Icons. So to fix this I deleted everything on the page, inserted a new page and repasted everything back in. Problem solved. Beats me what was in there?