2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Photoshop won't update

I know that there is an update (12.0.4) but when I click on Help/Update in 12.0.2, it says "Your applications are all up to date". Tried from the 32 and 64 bit versions. Why won't this update?

I've been retrying this every day for two weeks now.

I downloaded the update zip file and tried to install it from adobe.com support, but it tells me it didn't install - it had errors.The error dialog box simply says "Update failed". It didn't write a log file.

I asked on the Adobe forum and a suggestion was made to update from Bridge. But that yielded the same result. No one from Adobe has responded to this question.

I'd like to get it updated. I've been using Photoshop for many years and have never had an update problem before. And CS5 has always updated before without a snag. (The only major change in this Windows 7 Ultimate machine is SP1 was installed since the last time Adobe apps did auto updates.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a bit drastic but you could uninstall, reboot, and then install the new version. Make sure you have the installation key available before attempting this.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but that is more drastic than I want to do at this point. I'm hoping there's a less drastic solution.