Lounger
    Thanks

Question How Do I Delete God Mode?

Earlier this year I created God Mode, but now I would like to get rid of it, but how do I do this? I can't even find the folder I made, however I seem to have the shortcut, when I right click on the shortcut & select "Open file location" it takes me to: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    I don't think I want to delete that.
    My Computer is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    God Mode is simply a folder that contains links to all the systems administrative tools. The folder itself does not change anything so it should be just a matter of finding that folder and deleting it. If you have used any of the tools exposed in God Mode, then you need to restore those settings individually or collectively using System Restore.

To remove the folder: The shortcut doesn't help as you are right, you don't want to remove explorer.exe (don't get me started, but that's a different thread!). Click on Start, and enter "God Mode" without the quotes in the search box, hopefully that will find the folder for you and assuming you havent tweaked your system too far you can just remove the folder.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinto Tech View Post
    God Mode is simply a folder that contains links to all the systems administrative tools. The folder itself does not change anything so it should be just a matter of finding that folder and deleting it. If you have used any of the tools exposed in God Mode, then you need to restore those settings individually or collectively using System Restore.

To remove the folder: The shortcut doesn't help as you are right, you don't want to remove explorer.exe (don't get me started, but that's a different thread!). Click on Start, and enter "God Mode" without the quotes in the search box, hopefully that will find the folder for you and assuming you havent tweaked your system too far you can just remove the folder.
    The issue is more complicated by the fact that I renamed God Mode to Master Control Panel. Entering God Mode or Master Control Panel into Start, does not yield anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    As I understand it God Mode is merely a shortcut pointing to a CLSID in the Registry that already existed? Thus all you really need to do is to delete the shortcut. Also the shortcut should show up if you search for it...see below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    As I understand it God Mode is merely a shortcut pointing to a CLSID in the Registry that already existed? Thus all you really need to do is to delete the shortcut. Also the shortcut should show up if you search for it...see below.
    I'm with 100% you on this one RetiredGeek. God Mode is not really a mode at all. In fact there is nothing really to uninstall. Just ignore the shortcut or folder; it's merely a distraction.

The implication however is that something has changed since setting up the folder. That being the case, the admin tools exposed by the user have been used to alter the behaviour and/or appearance of Windows. If that is so, use System Restore to go back to a time before it was enabled unless the OP knows what it was that was changed and can go back manually through those individual changes.