2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create a recovery Vista dsk

I need to make a new Vista recovery disk as the excising recovery disk is damaged, it has scratches and on restoring Vista finds a file missing and the installation stops.
    I have managed to copy the contents from the damaged disk on to HDD on another computer.
    So I can now copy the contents onto a fresh DVD however, this DVD is no bootable.
    How can I make the fresh recovery disk bootable?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubyjim View Post
    I need to make a new Vista recovery disk as the excising recovery disk is damaged, it has scratches and on restoring Vista finds a file missing and the installation stops.
    Rubyjim,
    Hello... It has been a while but i seem to remember that you were only "allowed" to "burn" one set of Recovery disks with Vista ...as i remember having to purchase a set, after my original ones went missing. A better choice would be to "Image" your OS and save it someplace safe ...ex: another internal drive , external Hard Drive, DVD's etc.There is a free program that will do this called Macrium Reflect. I have used this program many times to recover my OS's ...after trashing them. http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp If you have questions on how to go about using this program post a question in "Security & Backups" ...or do a search ..."Macrium" as many on this forum have used this and would be happy to help you sort it all out. Regards Fred
    PS: Please set up your profile you can receive "private messages" as i have moved your post and am not able to contact you.
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-05-19 at 08:43.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for this