Lounger
    Thanks

No Sound After Update (SOLVED)

I'm using Windows Vista 64bit HP Laptop. I allowed the latest Windows update to install and now I have no sound. I tried deleting the update, System Restore and reinstalling the audio driver. Still no sound. My sound dialog shows IDT High Def Audio CODEC, NVIDIA Hi Def Audio and USB PnP Sound Device (I reinstalled this driver). In the speakers dialog I show two items of interest: USB PnP Sound Device and Speakers & Dual Headphones which controls the front panel headphone jack. But since it says it controls the speakers and the headphone jack I'm wondering whether or not I should delete and reinstall that driver. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
    Last edited by aldagoag; 2011-05-19 at 20:47.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aldagoag View Post
    I'm using Windows Vista 64bit HP Laptop. I allowed the latest Windows update to install and now I have no sound. I tried deleting the update, System Restore and reinstalling the audio driver. Still no sound. Any other recommendations will be appreciated.
    aldagoag,
    Hello... If yo go to control panel and click on sound (Icon) are your speakers set to default? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred,
    Thanks for responding. I did check. It's set for USB PnP speakers but maybe that's for external speakers. I think I'll try and delete the speakers and front panel jack driver and reinstall it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem Solved. The Windows Update file corrupted the IDT HD Audio CODEC and when I uninstalled and then reinstalled it the sound returned. My thanks to all.