Thanks

Video Issues -- STILL!

Ok, now I'm totally confused.

I had written earlier about color distortion issues (whites showing as blacks) in the menu selector bar, among other places.

So I reinstalled Windows. Didn't help. So I replaced the graphics card to an EV3A 9500GT). Still there.

Haven't yet taken the drastic step of monitor replacement (and I only have the one, so I can't "test"), but not only does that seem extreme, it doesn't make sense to me.

If the monitor (Samsung 226BW) were going to act up, why would it only be in some places, but not all -- like the graphic attached. If instructions to the monitor were being "misread" wouldn't that be consistent?

For instance, in the graphic, not ALL the menu selection bars and any one color shift. The one (lower) clip looks as it should, but then the top two show the display settings on the left and the explorer menu on the right.

What the heck gives here?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Ok, now I'm totally confused.

What the heck gives here?
    Chuck,
    Hello...Have you any old "Backups" \ Images? (re-installing windows won't tell you) If so try one... when you know that the system was OK... Make a "fresh" Backup before ...At least this will confirm that it's something else.Then you can always go back to your present condition.and Know that it is something else. Regards Fred
    PS: also checkout "Color Management"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-05-19 at 18:34.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    PlainFred:

After a bare Windows install, and then the driver for the monitor and card, I was right back where I started -- and this had been going on before I replaced the card -- one of the reasons for the replacement -- and had been fine up until, oh, about a month or sop ago I guess.

I had the white letters on red for the Selected bar for ions, without any issue.

I emailed Samsung, because I'm starting to think that that's what it has to be. What the heck else could it be? I get good clear whites other places, it seems like it's just in menus and selection bars.

_(*&)*&^)(*&

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    I would also hazard a guess that it could be your monitor that is causing the issue.
    A clean install would have removed any form of software as a causative factor, and I doubt it would be BIOS related.

One way to find out: Take the machine to a friends place and plug his/her monitor in and see what happens.