Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

YouSendIt Express-Installation Problem

I downloaded the installer for the free version of this program but every time I try to install it I get 3 error messages-Error 2502, Called Install Finalize when no install in progress, Error 2503,Called RunScript when not marked in progress,Error 1603,Fatal Error in installation.

I cannot get help from the publisher's site-they only help if you have the paid version.

I had this program and it was working with no problem. The problem started when I tried to use it yesterday and was asked if I wanted to download the latest version, which I did. Uninstalling/reinstalling made no difference, and when I tried to install the version I had originally I got the same error messages.

If anyone can give me any help I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy Whitethread

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post

If anyone can give me any help I would be grateful.
    Roy,
    Hello... Try to "take ownership" of your "Temp Folder" C:>Users>Your PC Name>AppData>Local>Temp...And Run the program as an "Administrator"Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Fred,

Thanks.I tried what you suggested but the result was the same. The strange thing is that the program worked without a hitch until I tried to update it to the latest version, and now I get the same error messages whether I use the installer for the old or new version.

If you or anyone else have any other ideas I would appreciate hearing them.

Regards,
    Roy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post

If you or anyone else have any other ideas I would appreciate hearing them.
    Roy,
    Sometimes i have seen that when a software company does a "Giveaway" the software will not let you re-install (once removed) ...So when you "Update" the new will remove the previous version... and the new will be a trial or not as good as the original "giveaway" This could be the case with yours..Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred,
    The installer for the new version is supposd to perform an upgrade of the previous version, so it won't work as I can't install the previous version. I tried the update installer anyway, but got the same error messages, as I expected.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
    Roy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Roy,
    Can you find where the "MSI" installer is located...most times it's in the "Temp" folder but not always ...Look in the folder to where the program is trying to install... you might have to "take ownership" of that folder \ file as well ... If this is one of those instances where "they" want you to purchase the "full" program ...then your out of luck.. If this is the case ... now you can see the benefit of "Imaging" before you try to install an "update" or new "software".and There are a few Free programs that will do this... and there are many on this "forum" that can help with any questions you might have (Imaging wise) Regards Fred
    PlainFred

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Plain Fred For This Useful Post:

royw (2011-05-20)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred,
    The update is still to the free version of the program. I mounted the system image of my C drive and copied the YouSendIt program files to my C drive programs folder, clicked the .exe file and the program opened immediately, without needing to reinstall. The same popup message about downloading the updated program version appeared, but I decided to skip it this time.
    Thanks sincerely for the image suggestion. I had it at the back of my mind, but hadn't got round to trying it.To be honest I thought it wouldn't work, and that some other glitch in my system was causing the problem.
    Best regards,Roy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You may also consider repairing your windows system files.
    you may try sfc or reinstall repair your windows.

hope it helps.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jaydee,
    I tried sfc /scannow, and no integrity violations were found.
    Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Regards,Roy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Further to my previous message, I am pleased to say I finally solved the problem.

I deleted everything in my YouSendIt folder and copied the contents of my friend's YouSendIt folder to mine.Then when I clicked on the installer the new version of the program window opened up straight away, and it works,without going through any installation routine.

The program does not appear in Control Panel-Programs and Features,or in the program list of my Your Uninstaller program.

All very strange, but at least I now have the updated version of the program working.

Regards,Roy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    good to know you're now OK.
    take care!