Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Window Size In XP SP3 System

For some reason the icons at the top of my friend's desktop have partly disappeared off the top of the screen, and the day and date have disappeared off the right hand edge of the system tray.Likewise when IE is opened the X button is outside the top right edge of the screen, along with the scroll bar.

Could someone please tell me how to correct this?

Thanks and regards,
    Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - Is there blank space along the bottom edge of the screen under the system tray and blank space along the left side of the screen? If so, you may need to adjust the screen settings. Often the adjustment buttons are on the front of the screen itself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tfspry For This Useful Post:

royw (2011-05-20)

Thanks
    Yeah, it's possible they (buttons) were unintentionally/accidentally pressed resulting in changes to screen position.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry-thanks a lot. The adjustment buttons are on the front of my friend's screen, and when I pressed the auto adjust button the problem was solved.The screen also has a downward pointing arrow button, which doesn't appear to change anything,and a menu button. The problem with the latter is that pressing it brings up a menu screen but it is inaccessible, because the mouse cursor "disappears" underneath the menu. Elsewhere on the screen the mouse cursor behaves normally.Any ideas as to what I can do to enable mouse clicks on the menu screen? (I am not too bothered about this. I am just glad the window size problem has been solved).
    Regards,Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post
    it brings up a menu screen but it is inaccessible, because the mouse cursor "disappears" underneath the menu. Elsewhere on the screen the mouse cursor behaves normally.Any ideas as to what I can do to enable mouse clicks on the menu screen? ........

Regards,Roy
    Hi Roy - You may have to use your keyboard's arrow keys to navigate that menu.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry-I tried using the keyboard's arrow keys but still could not navigate the menu.All that happened was that different desktop shortcuts were highlighted and for no apparent reason the menu screen disappeared without warning at unpredictable moments.
    Do you have any other ideas?
    Regards,Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - Try the + and - buttons on the monitor(screen). Plus + is for Up and Minus - is for Down. Once you make a selection press the Menu again button again for adjustment choices for the selected feature.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry-I tried the + and- buttons on my keyboard, which didn't help, and there are no such buttons on my monitor.

Any other ideas?

Regards,Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - What is the make and model of the monitor?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry, it says LITEON LitePanel 150 on the front, and is referred to as LTN0214 in Device Manager properties.

I hope this is the information you want, and would appreciate your further help.

Regards,Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - I looked around the internet for a manual for that monitor without any luck.

It seems that the monitor has these controls.....
    Controls / Adjustments - Brightness, contrast, H/V position, colour balance, phase, clock

When you get the Menu on screen - I would try the other buttons to see which ones scroll thru the menu.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry-I tried the other buttons but still couldn't scroll through the menu.Nevertheless, I appreciate the time you took trying to help me.

Best regards,Roy