Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird 3.1.10 "Print", "Print Preview" problem.

Same problem, last 2 or 3 updates, current Thunderbird 3.1.10. Problem illustrated as follows. Using latest download of WinSecrets as a typical frustration, I view the email's contents via my FireFox browser. I printpreview and get 20 pages to view, select and print. I print all and get 20 pages printed, full page width, by my trusty Brother HL-2040 Laser printer, as directed by my WinXP-SP3 older Dell, Pentium4, 2gb RAM. I use printpreview to print out easily selected pages. All's well here.

I get out of print preview, and revert to TB's WinSecret's message and select Print.

Result: HL-2040 is directed to print 142 pages of same WinSecrets download that FF browser PrintPreview (100%) does in 20. I pass and hit print preview in Thunderbird. Up pops print preview showing me 142 pages of eligible print selection.

This illustrates my 7:1 page width reduction were I to print from my Thunderbird. This summarizes my problem. It applies to ANY message I may want to print from TB.

To further illustrate my dilemma, I forward the eMail to my other PC (Ubuntu 10.10, FireFox and same ver TB) and try the Print and PrintPreview functions, same as I did on my WinXP-SP3. Lo and behold, in either mode, on this PC, my printer offers to print 20 pages in full width, in contrast to WinXP's Thunderbird's 142 pages.

My WinXP and I would appreciate your suggestions. I have intermediate capability but can follow explicit directions. Thank you.

Lounger
    Thanks
    After zero replies decided to knuckle down and help myself. To make a long story short, I resolved my print problem by noting when my printer's Print Screen came up, in TB mode, my HL-2140 Laser printer had its properties mode modified, changing its default for Letter Size paper to User Defined.

I manually reverted same to indicate Letter size as the default selection. And that did it.

Since all my other print requirements were operating properly (word perfect, browser, etc.) I can only assume that my TB updates from 3.0 thru current 5.0 perpertrated the default change during their installation. It will be interesting to verify when a future update occurs to see if my Print Preview problem returns.

Thanks
    Wenkoe,

Thank you for posting back your successful resolution of your printing problem. Your solution should be of benefit to other Loungers with the same issue, and this issue will certainly come up again for somebody in the future.