New Lounger
    Thanks

Adding user groups to public folder permissions

Anyone got any idea how to do this?

In Exchange 2003 you used to be able to add groups, which saved a lot of hassle when new people joined. But in SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) when I try and add groups from Outlook 2007 I only get the option of adding users - none of the distribution or security groups I've created show up, and none of the default pregenerated groups can be added.

I'm logged on with network admin permissions and I own all the folders, so what am I missing?

(Ed: it's not a matter of waiting for a refresh or reboot, either, I'm talking about groups that have been set up for weeks.)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Are your groups mail enabled? See Enable-DistributionGroup in the Exchange 2007 Technet documentation.

Joe

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Add groups from Outlook?

I'm not sure I understand you. Your machines' Outlook clients are connected to Exchange, yes? These are groups already in existence on SBS2008? You can add users to those groups through the Users and Groups Wizard in the SBS2008 console.

If the groups don't already exist, you can create new ones and assign roles from the same wizard.

....on the other hand, maybe I've missed something about what you are trying to achieve. Perhaps you could clarify.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Exchange 2007 makes you use PowerShell.
    Get-PublicFolderClientPermission
    Add-PublicFolderClientPermission

cheers, Paul