New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Ads flashing all over IE 9 pages!

What's up???

Since last week, ads and video boxes are flashing all the heck over many, many Web pages using IE9 ... which by the way I really don't like and refuse to update my other computer with it until these bugs go away.

Does anyone have a fix or know when a fix will present itself?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I don't see this. If this is on all sites I'd say you have some malware. If it is only on specific sites can you post a couple urls?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe ... In between me posting this question here and now, I found this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...4-486a7a398ce8

And it explains what to do to make the craziness stop!

I followed the instructions, rebooted and now all is back to normal. Apparently it is an Adobe Flash Player issue.

Thank you for replying!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Cool. Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back and sharing the solution.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe ... Thank you and no problem. I figured I was surly not the only person experiencing this issue.

Thanks
    I had the same problem last week after installing IE9 on a Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit laptop that uses Intel HD Graphics. While disabling the hardware acceleration did clear things up, I downloaded and installed the latest Intel HD Graphics driver. After installing the new driver, I re-enabled hardware acceleration and the problem was totally solved.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Deadeye ... can you tell me where you found that driver update.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Hi newzgirl,

It will depend upon what graphics chip your PC uses. If you use Intel HD Graphics on a laptop you can find the latest driver for your operating system here. If you have a desktop with an Intel graphics driver, you will need a different support page here. Under Select a product family, choose graphics. Under select a product line, choose desktop graphics controllers. Under Select a product name, choose the name you found in Device Manager.

Next choose your particular Windows version and a listing will be generated for your OS with the latest drivers listed first. Note that there will likely be an .exe and a .zip package. The .exe is easier to use as you just download it and double click to install.

To identify your display adapter, go to Device Manager, and click on Display Adapters. This will show you the graphics chip (adapter) installed on your computer. Right click on the name of the adapter and select Properties. The General and Driver tabs provide you with details about your current device and driver. DO NOT click on the Update Driver button on the Driver tab. If you do, and a newer one is installed, it will be from Microsoft, and will unlikely be the latest driver available. The best place to download new drivers is from the computer manufacturer's support site , ie Dell, HP, etc. or the manufacturer of the graphics adapter,ie Intel, Nvidia, or ATI (AMD).

Again, if the links I gave you above do not match your brand of adapter, then do an Internet search based on what you find in Device Manager, for example, Dell <name of your graphics adapter> driver downloads. You will get several hits, but choose one on your manufacturer's support site, not a third party. You would then identify your computer model and OS to locate the latest driver. If the PC manufacturer's website does not offer a newer driver, then conduct your search using the brand and model of the graphics adapter, such as Nvidia, ATI, or Intel.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-05-25 at 15:04. Reason: add link