New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 Task Bar on Left - more efficient use of space?

I really like to have the task bar at the left margin of one of my monitors, but it's an intentionally tiny display: Lilliput UM-70 (800x480). Is it possible to change task bar behavior so that:
    • Task bar width of ~300 pixels can be made much larger (like 600, say)
    • When task list is too long, display it in several columns as opposed to one column with horizontal scrolling
    • Date, weekday, and time are shown on one line as opposed to three lines
    Looking forward to your replies,
    r4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrackl View Post
    I really like to have the task bar at the left margin of one of my monitors, but it's an intentionally tiny display: Lilliput UM-70 (800x480). Is it possible to change task bar behavior so that:
    • Task bar width of ~300 pixels can be made much larger (like 600, say)
    • When task list is too long, display it in several columns as opposed to one column with horizontal scrolling
    • Date, weekday, and time are shown on one line as opposed to three lines
    Looking forward to your replies,
    r4
    The width part is pretty easy; make sure the taskbar isn't locked, and put your mouse pointer on the edge of the taskbar so that you get the double-headed resizing pointer and then left-click and drag it out as wide as you want it.

As for the rest, I don't really know. Having the taskbar in its standard position with its standard behavior has always suited me OK.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows