Lounger
    Thanks

How? stop a program from running!!

Just downloaded GumNotes on my Windows 7 machine and when I click on the icon all i get is a box that says the program is already running. I see no way to use it at all!! When I try to uninstall it through the control panel or with its own uninstaller all i get is message that says it is running and i need to close it before i can uninstall it and i can find no way to close it or stop it from running. HELP PLEASE!!!

THANK YOU
    Glenn

Thanks
    Hi Glenn,

Have you checked the Task Manager to see if their is a process running for that software. If so, right click the process name and select 'End Process'. To access Task Manager, right click your Taskbar and select 'Start Task Manager'.

You can also check 'Services' by typing services in the Start Menu search box, and pressing Enter. See if GumNotes added a service there that needs to be disabled.

Thanks
    Have you tried a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller? Also an app such as What's In Startup might help to shutdown the app during Win 7 startup (scroll down a ways to find the download link). Then reboot and uninstall.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted:

Thank you for the help. What is in Start Up did the job of stopping GumNotes from running so I could uninstall it. I will try a reinstall as I think I would like the program if I can get it to function properly.

Thanks Again
    Glenn

Thanks
    Glenn, Glad I could help. I love What's In Startup. Makes stopping all the stuff that thinks it has to start with Windows. In reality all this stuff does is slow things down. Most apps you install do NOT have to be running in real time. They will start quickly when you need them. What's in Startup is the easiest way I have found to stop all this stuff. Have a great day.

Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy